Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Kite Runner

Well...exactly the question I had in Mind when I read this title...What does this mean...whats a Kite runner?

And this is the reason I picked up this book!.....Easily one of the best books I have read(in fact probably the best book I have read!)..Its an absolute must read for those who love to read!!!

Its written by an Afgani Author called Khalid Hosseini...and must say...Kudos to him for having created a masterpiece....

Book is about two afghani kids and their lifespan who grow up together(one is the master and the other the servant in the house)....and is based in the pre-post taliban rule on Afganistan era...certain incidents and their impact on their live!

Not sure which is better...the story or the narration...either ways..its a clear winner. The story is genuine, real , easy flowing and as engrossing as any Da Vinci version...inspite of not being a thriller.

However to me the catch is the excellent narration...the way the book has been written and the fabulous characterisations....each character has been groomed and almost nutured through the story...!

To me the true test of a good writer is one who can force the read to put himself in the shoes of the characters and feel exactly what the characters are feeling!....in short feel what the author feels when he is writing the book....to me this book did just that....made me ask ..."What would I do if?....What would I feel if...?

Already looking forward to his next one....the Kite Runner has won me over....!

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Ekta said...

Hey,
thx for the info...however would appreciate if u wld not use this blog for advertising pls!...
Am not interested in making ANY Extra cash pls!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger 4wD said...

hey, also, thats not a real person that told you how to make money. Its just a 'bot. follow his/her profile, and you wont find anything. Turn on word verification in your blog, and you wont get these messages.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see you back to the blog world, ET! Looks like this is a must read book. Will try and pick it up soon .. Noce to read about your chilling off too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|