Monday, January 03, 2005

Rendezvous with MIL

No I wasn't wearing white and nor was she.Felt strange calling someone else "mom"....ur always taught there is just one...and then suddenly there was supposed to be another one....so to take away the dilemma thot should call her "mamma" instead....didnt help..still feels as strange.

My first one-one discussion/ chat/ bonding or whatever u call it session with my Mom-In-Law happened yesterday and made me realise that the possibility of a "saas-bahu" episode was remote here--MIL and me bonded(though dissapointed at the lack of adventure in my to-be-married life..sigh!). Had met her once for 15 min before my engagement and then on engagment and then yesterday!( Strange but true....some people are just born lucky!;-)

I was invited by her for a specially cooked lunch(which included my favourite baingan ka bharta) by her, post which I was taken to a room for a getting to know each other session!

P.s:- Was actually contemplating earlier if I should make a PPT about I, Me, Myself to present to her--going by consulting experience a PPT helps focus on only things you want to bring in focus....(easily avoidable topics were my cooking skills, my late night working and party hours etc etc)..but then better sense prevailed!

This was followed by a 4 hr session where I was given a run down about "everything I should know" about them all and the family I was soon to be a part of...was dutifully done by mamma....leaving me drained, informed, exhausted , happy , confused and safely bonded:-).. To execute the task to perfection the grand finale was done by a nice watch gifted to mamma....

My first reaction after I left her was to call my mom...realised was just to confirm that she still continued to be mom and wasn't intending to give up yet:-))

Reassured....thank god for small mercies in life!

p.s:- New year wishes to all!

5 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Jupe said...

4 hours...Thats one epic getting-to-know-each-other by any stds :-) But twas sooo nice of her to fill u in nuh..cho chweet..why can't Ekta (the Kapoor, of course) make serials with such families in mind ?

ps: I always knew your English spelling was godawful..Now u've decided to murder my favorite French too.. wail wail.. Honestly Ekta (referring to the Mehra now), I'm presenting you a dictionary for ur wedding :-p

pps: In case u still didn't get it, its RENDEZVOUS and not RENDEVOUZ..Gawddddddddddddd !!

ppps: Yes, I am a freak when it comes to the languages :-)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Ekta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Ekta said...

Sorry Sorry
That wasnt intentional!
corrected sir!...

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Elixir said...

wohow babe...4 HOURS!!! reminds me o maa and HER "life isnt what u know..."sessions.n yeah a PPT seems like a nice idea.

Happy _____(watever u want it to be)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Elixir said...

oyye...Jan 3 was 10 days ago...or do u post not so frequently??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|