Saturday, December 17, 2005

Murphy's Law at work

Time and again it seems to work!

Something happened last week and got me thinking about Murphy's Law and what it is all about and how its ALWAYS just seems to work and crop up in our lives at the absolutely unwarranted times -time and again!

And it happens to EVERYONE--many times over and over again!

Which led me to ask-what is this law really and how the hell does it work and why?

The law states "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" in a given situation-question still remains in my mind--WHY???

How many times do we experience this?
Just when you HAVE to reach someplace on time--the bus (that you normally see atleast every 5 min) doesnt turn up for 20 min.

Just when you dont want your maid to take leave coz ur expecting guests--she does!(without informing u)

Just when u absolutely shouldnt forget your passport at home to catch a flight-you do!

I CAnt even remember the number of times I have said to myself--Just when I DONT want this to happen--it WILL!

Well, whats still a mystery to me how it works all the time unfailingly and even more so-why??-Why do things have to go wrong-sooo wrong when you soo dont want them to?

Well it's almost like saying that "Dont will anything too hard"-coz if you do--you are actually willing for it to "Not happen" rather than happen!--SCARY!!!

The question now is-To will or not to will!?

9 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Ron said...

I have a way of dealing with this. When something important is about to happen I automatically expect the worst...9 times out of ten it turns out waaay better than I had expected :)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just when my weekend was almost on me, came some extra work...ah there comes Murphy, peddling his law...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Dont will anything too hard"-coz if you do--you are actually willing for it to "Not happen" rather than happen"
awwww its so true yaar atleast for me....
i experience this a lot more time and know what i can't go out from it...i always do expect a lot and finally things doesn't work.....*sob*
small types of worst thing like being late in college at the very first day of 'presentation' just happens in ma life though i take lot more precaution and cure..lolzzz

anyways how's u doing ekta
take care
merry christmas

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee said...

theres that whole cliched line about not clutching sand too hard as it only slips out faster...true i guess.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Ekta said...

Hey nitika and Abhi,
Its ALWAYS been soo true for me..in all aspects of life that I have almost begun to predict when things are gonna go wrong!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Anuja said...

HAHAHAHAHA

Well E.T., read of your new name at Anand's blog ;)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Hawkeye said...

i suddenly dont remember what works for me.. will or not to will..

i agree its somthing we've been trying to solve for ages

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Φ said...

Happy New year Ekta ..:)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Adiya said...

muruphy's law is quite famous but Bhavata gita quoted it nicely before the ages. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|