Friday, March 03, 2006

Shaving and Men!

What is it with these two??...Why cant they live together in peace under one roof!

Was having a discussion with a british couple last weekend over dinner and we happened to 'stumble' upon the forbidden topic of shaving--especially so on weekends!...hmmm

I was amazed to see how "not shaving on weekends" is a worldwide laziness 'syndrome' with men and not restricted to nationality, location, size, looks.....etc etc(whatever!)

I mean women wax too and atleast we DO have a logical excuse to not want to do it...its painful!...and yet its done...religiously every time its required to be!

Its amazing how many excuses the 'ever so creative' minds of nthe male species can pull out every weekend to not shave-and mind you these vary every weekend!...(Please note--these are based on actual and observable behaviours and any exaggeration could be purely intentional!!:-)

1) "If I shave too much my hair growth increases and then I have to keep shaving more and more!"....so????????
2) "My skin will become hard with too much shaving"--err...honey women dont really get turned on by a 'soft chin'!
3)"Hey its a weekend!...holiday time, am supposed to be off every ritual of the weekday"--Sure, how come its not applied to eating, drinking, sleeping and watching TV as well???
4) "Know what, am trying a different look-I need some change!"--Can I apply some make-up on you as well?
5) "Think I look quite hot with a stubble-girls dig this look"--Oh cool...reason enugh..doesnt matter if your wife doesnt!:-)
6) "I know u'd love me anyway!":- Sure sweety, ur not leaving me with too much choice here are u?!!!

And there are probably dozens more....If only men out their "Oh-so creative" minds to better use;-)

Well...anything written in this post is not a piece of fiction and any resemblance to any individual or mammal living or dead is by design!:-))

10 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Blogger wouldnt let me comment on your earlier post. Most upsetting. Anyways, my fiance is horrible to shop with. If its me we are shopping for then he usually stands outside the shop with supremely bored expression on his face and sighs deeply when I suggest going to more than 1 shop.On the other hand, when we were out looking for a pair of jeans for him, we went from Koramangla to Commercial Street and visited a total of 16 hops over 3 days, withiout picking up anything!! Which according to him if perfectly justifed and resonable coz you see, he didnt like anything!!!!!

As for shaving!!! Gah!! Dont even get me started on that!! Most weekends he looks reluctant at the suggestion of not just shaving but bathing as well. Impeccable logic being "sweety its the weekend!!" Thankfully the bath happens in due course, but the shave never does and he looks like a loafer by Sunday evening!!

Sorry about the long rant-ish commen!! But you touched a raw nerve with these two posts!! Gragrh!!! Men!!!!

:D

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

ron:- Hug to u & me for all the 'torchures' women have to go thru..may u have the strength..sigh!
amzu:- well honestly, its not like i detest beards..i mean some people look good with a stubble and some just look unclean...and wld rather have my cute choclate faced hubby looking clean:-))..so its cool!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Ajit Chouhan said...

I wish i cud get a permanent solution to this botheration of shaving.That is one reason why i get late for office.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

Well,
yeah Ajit-I am with you on this! and while ur at it..can u also check permanent solution for the waxing bit as well!
U will be thanked by the opposite species for the rets of ur life!:-)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol! Its funny coz its true. I've tried all those excuses myself.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger asuph said...

lol!

1) "If I shave too much my hair growth increases and then I have to keep shaving more and more!"....so????????

so, why bother ;-)

2) "My skin will become hard with too much shaving"--err...honey women dont really get turned on by a 'soft chin'!

precisely. i don't want any more temptations ;-)

3)"Hey its a weekend!...holiday time, am supposed to be off every ritual of the weekday"--Sure, how come its not applied to eating, drinking, sleeping and watching TV as well???

those are not rituals. rituals are meanigless behaviors. you're talking about essential for life things here :D

btw, you're lucky your hubby shaves on all other days except weekends. I shave once a week. on sundays actually. would you rather your hubby followed that routine?

asuph

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

Asuph!
Ur a bad bad bad influence on my Hubby!
Would like to hear what ur wife/girlfriend has to say though about your Sunday shaving habits!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger asuph said...

wife it is.. well the point is, shave on sundays, wives complain, don't shave on sundays, wives complain. i mean give us a break ;-)

asuph.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

Asuph!
dont shave on Sunday's wife complain!
Shave on sundays wife gives u extra brownie points which can be reimbursed anytime:-)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Yasser Rahman said...

Hmmm, you got to me through Neha If im right...interesting blog you got there :)

I shave wehnever I'm in the mood for it, not everyday..It all depends,

Like last week shaved Wednesday Morning, Wednesday night and thursday afternoon...Not shaved after that..I dont plan it at all, i just flow!

Helps that I have no one to question me ;) Though I ask a LOT of people why they havnt shaved! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|