Tuesday, March 18, 2008

PMS-Post dedicated and inspired by Hubby dear

Yes I am referring to Pre/Post Menstrual syndrome....and yes it apparantly does exist!

There are two types of people in the world....those that suffer from PMS (no not the women...was actually talking about men..since its they who suffer from women's PMS) and those on the other side of the world who actually have PMS (thats women for you--and yes thats exactly why I have been lobbying that we should be thankful for the ones having PMS and not suffering from it..world again feels like such a wonderful place:-))!!!)

I belong to the latter category!

Ok so for all the medical researchers who want to study this syndrome--I am your ideal candidate-yes indeed...according to Hubby dear I display (or have displayed) usually most symptoms associated with this syndrome...irritation, anger, depression...In Fact I may have even invented a few not listed by them!

And am sure Hubby Dear would love me for coming up with this phrase...but he genuinely believes that for me PMS means"Psycho Mannerisms Start"!..Ahem

In fact so much so...that Hubby Dear had religiously put in an Alarm on his cell close to my due date which stated...."Psycho behaviour begins"!....Red Alert!

So now I finally have found my purpose in life...to save you men folks of the world.....And to reduce your sufferings(feeling very holy)...all you men folk will start believing I am their messiah...coz of what I am about to tell you.... for men like Hubby who dont have a choice but to live with the Psychoness of women in this time here are "tried and tested" 6 cardinal rules on how to handle it....

1) Usage of the word "OK" if increased during this phase to EVERYTHING that your women says will reduce the chances of u getting battered and bruised!

2) NO FEEDBACK--Read NEGATIVE feedback at this time can be "Constructive"--so unless you have something "Nice" to say to her and about her...SHUT UP!

3) Any Suggestion/ opinions etc at this point of time can be strictly avoided! So what if she asks for your opinion? For the inexperienced lot--this is how you handle it--Ask her for her opinion-"Am still thinking honey--what do u think?" And then whatever she says--follow Rule number 1--OK!!

4) Touching on "sensitive" topics like "Her weight, her parents, her cooking, her hairstyle..etc" can not just prove dangerous but fatal..steer clear!

5) This is however the catchy one--behaving too sweet or romantic or "over" pampering her can make you appear "unnatural"(please note..."over pampering is unnatural--pampering is advisable..in fact mandatory).
However even worse would be if you start ignoring her! Giving undue attention to your "true love" (again...notice the focus on true love) which is gadgets like PS3( ahem..refer to previous post), laptops, sports channels during this time can simply mean--Ur digging your own grave!

Only the smart and experienced ones can strike the right balance (read..with enough practice and bruises!)

6) Stopping her from doing anything ( read 2 exceptions are murder and suicide) ...by statements like "Why do you need more clothes/ shoes/bags..dont you have enough?", "I think you should stop eating so much chocolates--its beginning to show"....means your either genuinely and really really stupid or you love pain-sadistic bugger!

Like I said...these are time tested and proven theories--no women can dispute these and no man can disprove these--So men you can touch my feet now--the Mystery is solved!

P S:- Even after following the above 6 religiously if the Psycho behaviour continues...please note you are stuck with a actual Psycho........RUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Anand said...

Even 'over-pampering' is fatal!

See!! I give up! No way that I could even keep up in this position!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

dont worry honey...u'll get there...just keep at it;-))
p.s:Over pampering is not fatal at other times:-)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Keshi said...

LOL @over-pampering being fatal!

Keshi.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Lena said...

that was an excellent post with great sense of humour! :)
Hope it will be a great help for men :D

PS: Loved your PS :P

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sweetstickychewy said...

lol.. You know. i really do think that will save the men folks seriously.

Cause PMS sure does ask for those listed points. hehe.

I can't believe he keeps an alarm for it.:D interesting!;)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Rià said...

he he thts a damn witty and cute blog entry! :) completely agree wth u young lady!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger dharmabum said...

this is so funny. sometimes, i think PMS is a convenient excuse :)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Swati said...

LOL ..I never knoew someone can be sooooooooooo funny about PMS

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Mez said...

Hahahaha..i had a hearty laugh at this one. Wait am linking your post on my blog…now u know how much I loved it.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Pri said...

hahaha this sure should be printed out as a guide for men to help deal with their women during these phases...
ohh yaa and the women would be thankful too...;)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger aneri_masi said...

Amen, my dear :) I started showing symptoms only after the entry of the male in my life though. I was perfectly ok before that :)

Love your writing, am blogrolling you.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

I have faced the challenge of making men believe that such a thing exists! Many people say we fake it!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Preeti said...

i agree with solitaire..men have started thinkin we fake it...itz lik a rite hand excuse..whiney? PMS. Crying? PMS. Irritated? PMS. and its like pre and post MS for them to deal with... :D

hehe...we women are a super coool, super ridiculous bunch huh? :D

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Amit said...

hahahhah...

"an Alarm on his cell close to my due date which stated...."Psycho behaviour begins"!....Red Alert!"

OMG...

**falled down from a seat**

sorry I cant stop laughing...lolz..

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Ekta!
Hahahaa from the title to the end.
What a pity that I didn't know those 6 cardinal rules earlier.
(I mean my hubby didn't know)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger John F said...

And they call women the weaker sex...phew!

You know I beleive in women equality. I beleive they should be brought down a notch and made equal to us poor old ignored males.

Gosh the world is so unfair. I wish God gave us men some kind of an excuse as well to really be on the lose for 5-6 days!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Shikha said...

"an Alarm on his cell close to my due date which stated...."Psycho behaviour begins"!....Red Alert!"

that is so funny!i guess every husband has this alarm..anyway i blame pms for all my bad moods even if its nowhere close to my dates:P

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Rho Tau GWIS said...

LOL!!! Saw your link on Mez's site! Had to come see it for myself. You nailed it girl!!! I hope all men read this post of yours, and spread the awareness amongst their comrades!!

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got your link from Mez site. Absolutely hilarious!!! You have got a good sense of humour.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Neetal said...

haha... I think I am going to save this as a handbook for reference... so that I can tell him... I did provide you training and warned yaa ;)

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger shweta said...

Hillarious and True
"Red alert", reminder was the funniest..!!
shwets

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ankur said...

*ROFL*

I read it like this, those who are suffering from PMS should suffer more beacure of those who actually have PMS, during the period of PMS. :P lolzzzz

So nothing else is required, but one needs to be a perfett hubby material for this time being!!! :P

And i wanted to ask a few things!!!
Any suggetions, feedbacks, talking on such sensitive issues (:P), overpampering, isnt allow during PMS or its like a general advise you are giving to us??? :P :D

It all sounds hularious, but i hope i have my answers with few doubts!!! haha

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh said...

Thanks for the tips, you saved my life ! Hail Mogambo :P

Thanks for dropping by !!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger P said...

Red alert on cell phone..hahaha
Wonderful list..I think my bf can use it any time of the month though :P

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger crasiezt said...

ROFLMAO!! That was really hilarious!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Would try to keep updating it more frequently. :) Blogrolled ya!!

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Pavi!!!! said...

oh my gawd! This is funnnny! lol, how did ya cme up with this!

u know during "that time", if i react and hubby says "ohh is it that time of the month?" i turn more mad!i think thats another tip for men. Don't tell the woman that they are reacting/behaving a certain way coz its that time!!!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Point # 6 is brilliant!! :D Thank you ;)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Suji said...

Lol! That was really good. I am sure it will help a lot of men out there.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Satish Bolla said...

too many warning posts for men on bloggerville..... :(
but this one is hilarious. a gr8 one

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger deepsat said...

I can empathize with "Hubby Dear" :-))

Out here I try to keep all my senses alive in an effort to be alive during that phase!!!

Great post!!
;-))

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger tulipspeaks said...

lolz. thts a good one!


ammu.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

umm...err... am still thinking... but WTH! ROTFL!!

great post Ekta. Will ask the Other to try and read it. More men need it.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger BIG Omi said...

Thanks for the forewarns!!!
Liked your post..
Keep Posting ;D

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Asha said...

Hehehe! Poor husband!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger AVIANA said...

FUNNY!

LOVE IT!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just loved this post... :D...have passed on this link to many ...

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger cva said...

Ekta:

Just stumbled upon your blog!
A funny but meaningful post.

One of my friends keeps saying this - if you want to make your marriage successful, the couple should say "You are right, I was wrong, I am sorry"

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Nirmal said...

tat was fun...will remember this..
but dont women always wants to hear yes?????

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Mysterious Mia said...

Its a must read for all the hubbies man, heheh, best was point #5 - True love (gadgets) heheh, I cudnt stop laughing on that one hehe.

Thanks for dropping by dear, see u again.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger rachana said...

Hello Ekta!

after a long time I am here at your blog..it is always lovely to read your posts...From your blog i know that you and Anand are fine :)

I am here to say a Thanks to you for your comment on my blog...i did write that post on 21st may 07 and you commented there on 14th august...
actually life has been terrible for me after may 07..i have lost my elder daughter...i owe my eng blog to her..she always encouraged me to write there...after her i don't write there.....
after almost 14 months seeing your comment I want to post some thing specially for you!!

I want to post my rangoli...

Pls don't mention any thing about my daughter there...i dont want to make my friends sad...
pain is all mine...

I searched for your e-mail id but didn't get it...so writing it here..Pls erase this after reading.
Bye
Rachana.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ektam - got here thru Hawkeye (he's a good buddy locally as well). ROFL - all the way and I have experienced every 1 of your ideas - the hard way :) !! Good post....maybe someday u shud scribe a book on 'what women want' & educate us all !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|