Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Stars on Earth...!

Its been a while since anything has got a lump in my throat....

But this did...didnt realise when that sly tear slipped away from my eyes on my cheeks....was too engrossed not in the movie...but just the whole feel of it...

Yes I am talking about Taare Zameen Par..

For those who havent seen it yet....you can miss any other movie...any other "super star" or whoever else you worship.....u cant..possibly cant miss this one...u just cant!

I am not a parent...but more than any serials or good parenting books.....this movie has taught me...what a good parent is all about....and what a child is possibly all about....rather reminded me what I possibly once was...

The great part about the movie is that...its not the story about a dyslexic child..but probably any other child.....the message is not that a dylexsic child is special but that every child is special.....I mean what better title could there have been than..."taare zameen par"..they'r like little
stars...on earth!

Ishaan is a child....and thats the only compliment I can give him....probably one kid who hasnt lost his innocence yet....his bug-tooth, crazy hair, scary scrowns...everything is adorable...screaming out..."U cant help but love me"!...

To me the priced moments in the movie were Aamir khans first meeting with parents...moment where Ishaans parents leave him in boarding for first time, the scene where Aamir khan talks abt "care" and the fab example of solomon islands...(the dialgoues could have killed anyone!!!)...and the icing on the cake was clearly the last scene where Ishaan sees his own painting(the expression on his face is unbeleivably believable) and the moment where he gets the prize and runs to aamir....the feeling of..finally I have done something right!!...Woah!!

Critics can say all they want but I couldnt think of anything that could have been better in the movie...or anyone for that matter!...

Taare Zaameen par is an Outstanding work of Cinema....its a movie that is not looking for oscars or awards but looking to genuinly change people's mindset...make better parents and hopefully better teachers....

Aamir Khan has proved innumerous times before.....he's a great actor...and maybe with this movie...even that hes a director in a different league...a gifted storyteller....and none of the bhansalis / johars/chopras can come anywhere close....but the fact is any good director could have made a child movie...but only a good parent could have made Taarey Zameen Par!!

Hats off to the entire team of TZP for giving the children a ray of hope!!

30 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey lady.. Happy new year. Long time no see.

Heard quite a lot about the movie, and yeh a tear did slip away from many who did watch. Hmm.. guess i'll sit this one out :P

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Zee said...

:) heyloh.....everyone i know...men and women...wept when they saw the movie....so real....

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger sky said...

hey there, long time no see. how are you doing? missed you guys at our nmims reunions. any plans for usa travel?

i loved taare zameen pe too! such a fantastic movie. glad to know - a director with a lot of potential is born.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Daroga said...

99.9 % agreed.
The 0.1 % is my reservations about the movie. I felt that the growth and the build-up of confidence should have been shown a bit more.
But, still... TZP is BRILLIANT.
and apart from the scenes you mentioned, the song 'Maa' is heart-wrenching. The lyrics of the song, complimented by the voice and music, touches deep inside your heart everytime.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger DreamCatcher said...

I am yet to see it...its on my must see list..

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Ash said...

Sounds like a great film. Must check it out.

Thanks for visiting my blog Ekta. Happy New Year!!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Life said...

Happy New Year ekta and welcome back to my blog after long time ..

I am yet to see the movie , but yes review is verry verry good

Take Care
Vikas{V}

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

Agree! Agree! Agree!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey darling HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

I'd love to be a mum some day...and if my man dun walk into my life b4 my eggs die, LOL!

Keshi.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Pallavi said...

yes..same pinch! wonderful movie!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger starry said...

heard so much about this movie.cannot wait to see it.Happy new year to you.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Renovatio said...

I'm yet to see it. It's been lying on my hard disk for about a month now, so I may just give it a watch soon.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

It was great movie!!

Amazing!:)

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Margie said...

I know I must see this movie....very soon!
Very nice post on it here...thank you!
Happy New Year, Ekta!
It was lovely to have you visit me again!

Margie

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Swathi Bellavi said...

Hey thanks for dropping by..... and yeah i am sort of in the getting over stage.... BTW loved ur posts.... do keep dropping by... :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Watched it twice, and sobbed right through it both times.Really amazing movie. Only Aamir Khan could have made such an amazing film..siiigh I do love him so :P

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger ghee said...

Hi there,

Thank you for dropping me a line at my blogpsot site :)

i am a parent,so im sure im gonna learn from that movie.Thanx for sharing and enjoy your night.

ghee
http://akoni.info
(this is my domain and you can see lots of my updates there.)

see yah!

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

a very beautiful post..
A moive has something for everybody. A lot to learn from it..

Take care
Mona

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Said. Indeed, it is a great movie.
Thanks

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hon! long time...how r u? happy new year!

hope life's treating u well

:)

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hon! long time...how r u? happy new year!

hope life's treating u well

:)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

i only got teary eyed when i saw the painting aamir made...it sends out a beautiful msg...perfection on the part of aamir :)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Junius said...

i guessed it right!!! yey~ its tzp :D!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Neha said...

OMG!The movie is hell of a movie...very different...very real...very inspiring....very touching....The guy was brilliant(am talkin abt the guy who plays the part of Eshaan)...talkin aything abt Amir Khan will be talkin too less...ma fav actor!!!Adored it...ANd yes, i love the song...meri ma....so touching :(

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Rupa (BNB) said...

Its touchy. Great movie ever made in Indian cinema.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Nikhil said...

Thanks for dropping by and reading my ridiculous post :-)

It is a great gift to be able to feel from others pains and a greater one to make others feel too. I guess the movie that you mentioned did exactly that and that you were capable enough of receiving the emotions that were meant to be provoked.

Yes in a day to day world this capability seems rubbish indeed but when you sit and think about it, its simply amazing :-)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Pri said...

i totally agree...
i never really was a huge fan of aamir until TZP happened...ive watched it 5 times already...and everytime it brought a tear to my eye...sigh!!
darsheel (ishaan) is awesome and so is aamir *looks all dreamy eyed*

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

Ur not a aamir khan fan???????
how can u like him!!!!
not possible...just aint possible!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Prathi:-) said...

hi,
amazing article on TZP... i agree with u word by word... we can leave any other movie... but this movie is way tooo special.
the climax when ishaan sees d painting done by aamir was jus picture perfect...
and ya... its a long time since any movie moved me as much as this one... not any cranky hero crying away.. or anythng moved me as much as this one.
kudos for writing this amazing article:)
cheers,
Prathi (kindred spirits inc)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger viswajith.k.n said...

I totally agree with you. For the first time in my life I cried after watching a movie! It was too good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|