Thursday, July 12, 2007

Staying with parents

And being Ma and Pa's little girl again!..

Well have been in Bombay for almost 4 months now and staying with folks after almost 7 yrs since i moved outta home!

It almost feels like "Getting back home" feeling...its a bit strange though too! Its a place with whom we have spent the maximum amount of time and yet after a point of time it gets difficult to stay for too long with them!!

Needless to say I love my folks a lot like everyone else...but realised that having stayed out for so long..u get so used to ur own "space" that u yearn for it....Its wierd how once we grow out of our cocoons its so difficult to get back into it!

Little things like having to think about calling them whenever u get late or wondering if ur too late coming home from a party and if they must be worried...u get so used to being a freebird that all this which came naturally once upon a time...feels like an effort now.

But of course no one can take away the fact that "NOONE" read "NOONE" can love u as selflessly as they do and pamper u as unconditionally as they do...and for that...I love them!!

16 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

So true...
Thats Our Folks!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Harmony said...

hi EKTA..thts so true..oh its very difficult to BE BACK..the MOMENTS u wnt through can nvr be bk but ?YES this makes us wiser too..hey u hva nice RESORT ..i wil try to be in heaven one dy--if opportunity comes..thnx.bye.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger ektaran said...

WOW!!! Lucky!! All the pampering & the love...oi & khana...*heavenly!!*

Update more often :-)

~~Ekta

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger La vida Loca said...

hear! hear!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

So ur bak at home now? WOW thats nice Ekta. Have the best of times with ur parents!

I agree...NO ONE else loves u so unconditionally. ITS A FACT.


Keshi.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger P said...

Aww. Am homesick now!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

know wut u mean :) love my folks too but i do know someone that loves me and pampers me unconditionally more than they do...for a fact! but they will always be my role models!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! NICE BLOG:)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Ron said...

So you didnt quite miss the monsoon fury did you? Poor you.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger ishipishi said...

hey ekta :)... long time since i got arnd here:)

and yeah reading this reminds me of my time spent with my parents... echoed my thots here...

have fun and enjoy ur time with them :)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahoy there.. how you been??

Hmmm parents.. it's been just two odd weeks at home and can't wait to move out :P

Good things definitely come in small packages.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Rohini said...

Have a kid. Then they stop treating you like one :)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Anuja said...

ah, made me miss Bombay and the food I used to get just sitting around!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Harmony said...

hi ekta how are you dear..

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Kalyan said...

While in Hostel I was used to late nights on phone. Last year when I had to spend a month at home I was almost gong crazy when I was unable to call post 12. It sucked big time.

But that was the reason I used to sleep early and get up by 7. After that fateful month, the former habit resurfaced and since then I haven't seen sunrise.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Kiran Hegde said...

very true and awesome description

the last para was just the same thing that i thought as i read it

i may be annoymous to u
but cudnt tempt commenting

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|