Monday, November 17, 2008

Bondalina!

and nope thats not a sequel of the famous thumbelina fairy tale...though maybe that would have actually been a better choice to watch! Am referring to the much talked about and awaited....bond movie...Quantum of Solace....

So this has got nothing to do with the fact that I watched the movie from second row seat at 10:00pm on a thursday (thx to Hubby dear)...but someone pray tell me...was this a Bond movie or a sequel of Spiderman (sans the web!)....

I mean...to me a bond movie has always been about the Car and sexy gadgets...which are the USP of bond...coz take these 2 things out and really whats so different abt bond movies than any other action movie????

And of course its been about hot men...(brosnan was the man for me)....but well the definition of hot really varies for men and women as far as I am concerned...while a "pout" might look hot on Jolie...but a pouty Mr bond....err....where the hell did that come from???????? (I know tonnes of women are actually swooning over craig...but puhhllessss....a pouty bond????)

Mr Director were we trying to create a bondaviva here or a Bondalina??....

And of course..I assume there was good action in the movie...("assume" u ask?)....Well yes coz inspite of sitting on the second row I still could not make out any shit that was happening in all those action scenes....

The movie starts with a car chase and the first 10 min...all you can see is the camera moving all over and then bam!...bond is out safe and sound...hmmm...so really what did happen there.....am assuming Bond flashed his famous pout to the goons and they couldnt help but fall off the cliff??:-)....

And not to mention the fact that Mr bond has beaten spidy hallow (my most favouritest superhero)...coz while spidy struggles to get into this spidy outfit everytime he needs to get into the act and spins a web to jump across buildings.....our very own bondalina doesnt need any of it....jumping across rooftops without a web is his forte....Hail Bond!

And did only me and Hubby dear notice this or are there others as well...probably the first bond movie where bond doesnt sleep with the Bond girl...????...ooh I get it...thats becoz Bondalina was tooo busy mourning the loss of Lady Bond in version 1...sigh...bond in louve!

In a nutshell...this movie feels like a remixed version of the old classics- a bad one at that!
And to me....if I am yearning for a Bond movie....quantum of Solace just doesnt wet my appetite...connery/ brosnan ur still the bond guys for me!

And next time Mr bond..can we puhhlllesss see less pout and more gadgets...I mean...not everyone is a jolie fan pls!

18 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger La vida Loca said...

yaa i agree..did not like the new bond movie!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger deepsat said...

LOL!! nice review there!! guess there is no solace after seeing the movie!!

;-))

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

one of the classiest reviews of the film. :-)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Suman Pant said...

havent watched... when i do... will comment. how are you doing?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger AB said...

the movie wasn't that bad either...!
:)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger PrAcHi said...

Hahaha.. Nice one Ekata. Even I like to watch bond movies.. But old ones were old ones! This one was.. Argghhh… All beyond my understanding! First half was okay.. 2nd half was like *i-don’t-know-wt’s-going-on-in-front-of-me*! When that other leady was killed by Green, full brown, I actually thought he killed her by pouring hot chocolate on her (bcs anything can happen in a bond movie!!!) *embarrassed*. Sorry ppl if I spoilt the plot.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Prash said...

Ya, I also heard that this Bond movie looks like more Bounty !

Nice review !~

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger happyz said...

well!! when u c a movie from 2nd row from front... the characters r larger than life.... and by the time your head swings to left side you miss out whats going on the right side... :D

I too hear its kinda incomplete bond bonding... will catch it on dvd. :D

Thanks for the comment "well!! ah" on my blog...

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Satish Bolla said...

hahahaha, well said. almost the same post in both our blogs at the same time!!!! that shows how fans r disappointed with mr bond.

btw, who said bond doesn't sleep with a girl in this movie? he sleeps with the diplomat(or whatever) lady who comes in the later half of the movie.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IDEAS are limited - They say.
We need more ideas for better BOND movies. Poduction houses should hire idea-men at pre-production stage may be.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Pavi!!!! said...

Thnx to the hubby..i too ended up watching the QoC sitting in the 4th row at a 9:50 pm show...

this was the 1st bond movie i was seein ( i don't dig action!)..n yes i was dissappointed!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Shikha said...

I just wrote about the movie on my blog..seeing the reactions here i guess noone can blame me for falling asleep during the movie :P

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger broca's area said...

i really hate this movie..seems like a bond version of Bourne series!!....

and wish u good luck regarding the house:P

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Rià said...

i hav never been a bond fan in particular, and i hadnt seen any of the previous bond movies so when i saw Quantum i had nothing to compare!! :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Pri said...

u said it girl!!
brosnan was 'bond' ...is 'bond' ...and will be 'bond' as far as im concerned...nobody can replace him at that...
im a huge fan of his right from his 'remington steele' days :D

"bondalina"--ROFL!! if craig was to hear that, he would never dare to come outdoors again...

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ekta,

First visit. Read some of your posts. Has the furniture arrived finally? I hardly get time to see movies but thanks I will avoid this one surely. Have you seen any of Sean Connory's Bond movies? He was the original one and good.

Do visit me if you find time at

o3.indiatimes.com/niceguy251

Take care

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Life said...

hello friend :)

I am back after long long time....hope u do remember me :)

how ru doing...i am fine

Take Care
Vikas{V}

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Rajat Narula said...

I have seen the movie and I completly go by your review...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|