Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Abode

I said in one of my previous post--I "want" to move..but I dont "need" to...I was wrong!

My landlord called 2 weeks back and asked us to pay higher rent or move out.....the choice was obvious...so we started hunting for a "bigger" apt with sea-view....After 5 days of ordeal we finally found "a" house...wont say its still "the" house...in Hong Kong..the concept of "the" house is non-existant...moving into a 100sq ft larger apt makes us feel like we'v finally "arrived"!

Anywayz...so yes..its a full sea-view apartment...(and for those who are gasping)...sea-view apt in HK is not as much a premium as Bombay or elsewhere--becoz HK is made of Islands..there is water everywhere! So Yes we are paying 50% higher rent..for a slightly bigger place...and we thought finally the nightmare is ok....we can now do the house well and make it a humble abode!!

Spoke too soon..the nightmare has only just begun....its an empty apartment...which means all the furniture needs to be made...which is quite a nightmare in HK....becoz most local furniture guys dont understand English!!!

We will be living out of cartons for a while till the furniture arrives...but come to think of it..wont be that bad...for once I can throw my clothes on the floor without feeling guilty...cant remember the last time I did that!!!!

Hubby is gonna be so proud of me for that....So heres to 3 weeks of messy me!!!:-)

22 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger deepsat said...

Good luck!! funny abt those carpenters over there!! ;-))

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and please put few photographs of your city.
Party ?

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger IncorrigibleV said...

hehe, good luck with the carpenters.. hope u set up ur new home soon :)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Pri said...

in a way, its a beautiful feeling to start from scratch :)
u can make ur home into the dream house u always wanted....

all the best to u and anand....
and happy moving in! :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Satish Bolla said...

read a lot abt life in hong kong sometime back. it gave nightmares to me for some days. i hope u r not going thru that phase. all the best

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Gayatri Bhadran said...

a little mess never hurt anyone. ;)

enjoy the new apartment, it sounds absolutely fantabulous

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger I'll try 2 be truthful said...

only three words -- best of luck

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Renu said...

Even in Europe also one gets the apatments of this size only, but there is a plus point also, u will have less place to maintain and one cant afford to accumulate unnecessary things:), so good luck ! enjoy ur new apartment:)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Amrita said...

ahan well if u like being a bit messy then this is heaven for u
but me is in love wid cleanliness
i wud go nuts to see clothes on the floor!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger shweta said...

wow, once in a while it feels great to do that. And yup I guess by now half of the carpentry mite hve been done??

Shwets

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Sucharita Sarkar said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my blog. enjoyed your posts, went down the older posts quite a long way.

Enjoy the empty messiness of your new apartment. And yes, Farhan rocks for me, too.

Are the rents in Hongkong as star-high as in Mumbai?

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ekta,

Finding a new house is really difficult even in India also..

Anyways, congrats and Take care

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Cяystal said...

Hey! :)

Thnx for being at my blog..and I second Hobo..please upload some pcs of your city!
And gooood luck

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Lena said...

Moving into new home is always like a big catastrophy. Takes a lot of nerves. Good luck and i believe you will enjoy there :)

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Parag said...

Enjoy the new house.. Which part of HK is it ?

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

parag,
its HK Island..a place called South Horizon..not connected by MTR though...

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Prash said...

did you guys already moved ?
when you free to come home for dinner ?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Prash said...

My no. is 95301501.
You should visit Japan. It is one helluva country !

Let's not wait for your furniture ! What about dinner at our place on saturday 8th November ? Are you guys veg ? do you meat meat ? if yes, what kind of meat ?

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger PrAcHi said...

Sounds like u r going to be busy for coming days:). But yeah.. sea-side view sounds fantastic and romantic as well ;)

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger IncorrigibleV said...

Blog updated and url changed to this.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Pavi!!!! said...

Congrats on ur new aptment..Guess u must be all settled in now..am reading this post so late!!

n carpenters dont spk eng..one hec of a tough time that must have been!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Deepali said...

Settled in nicely?


I totally love the Kowloon Promenade at Tsim Sha Tsui. I always keep saying 'I could live there' haha but obviously since I am a tourist, it hasn't ever been boring or unattractive. Maybe if I had to live there I would not love it so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|